Ok so your engaged, the planning has started but the idea of a UK wedding isn't exciting either of you. Here's just a few reasons why New York might be the one;
1. Do something fun! Grab your nearest & dearest and have an adventure in one of the most exciting cities in the world.
2. You can get married anywhere. There are no licencing rules on venues anywhere in New York, so the possibilites are endless.
3. New York doesn't just have to be for city folk, you have Central Park, Bryant Park, the Hudson River - more outside space then you know what to do with.
4. With flights from as little as £300 return, flying from all major airports across the UK multiple times a day - its so easy to get out there. Air Lingus have recently launched a new route via Dublin, so you clear U.S Customs in Ireland, what's not to love about getting to your destination quicker!
5. Rooftop spaces - NYC is famous for its rooftop bars, all of which can be hired out for your wedding! Just imagine the photos with that skyline.
6. It doesn't cost as much as you think - research is the key here, but you really can find some amazing locations that don't cost $$$ and still have the wedding you want whether its for 20 people or 200.
7. Its New York, you'll be surprised how many of your guests love the idea. Laura has found that New York was on many of her guests bucket list of places to visit so are timing it with an extended break to see the city.
8. City Hall, whats not to love - grab a ticket & get married in one of the most iconic wedding venues there is. As long as your wedding party isn't over 25, this would be an incredible setting.
9. The weather - no one does seasons like New York. Whether its the balmy summer days, the snow lined streets in February or Greenwich Village in the fall.
10. Shopping.....just shopping!
11. Bridal designers - if your willing to take the risk, their are some amazing bridal designers in New York that would work with you remotely on your dream dress. Take a look at Kleinfeld Bridal on Instagram, we're big fans of "say yes to the dress"
12. The Food - literally anything you want 24 hours a day. Even just the mention of it has me dreaming of sandwiches, burgers, breakfast...oh god i'm hungry!
13. Cocktails, you need to have a Manhattan cocktail in Manhattan even if its just once - They were invented their after all.
14. Family friendly! New York is really child friendly, there is so much for families to do with children of all ages. Time out online has a great section for everything thats on when your visiting with the little ones. Hotels such as The Gannesvort, The Kimberley, Ace Hotel and the Tribeca Grand have great facilities and good sized rooms for families.
15. Evening weddings - this is how its done! The glamour, elegance, cool of New York as your backdrop for your sundown ceremony.